Excerpt from original article here:
"...The survey, which questioned respondents across the UK on their mobile TV usage and viewing experience, indicates that the increase in mobile TV consumption is driving a change in viewing habits including:
- The majority of respondents (51%) reported having watched a TV show or film on a mobile device such as a smartphone or a tablet.
- Mobile TV watchers preferred to view on demand TV (44%) compared to 28% who preferred to use mobile devices to watch live programming.
- Most consumers watch mobile TV at home, but 39% watch TV on mobile devices while commuting.
- Tablet device users watch mobile TV for far longer time periods than on smartphones - 20% of tablet device users reported having spent more than an hour of uninterrupted time watching a TV programme or a movie.
- Mobile TV users are regular viewers with 33% of respondents reporting they watch at least once per week and 12% viewing almost every day.
- As more consumers watch mobile TV, the demand for higher quality and a wider range of services is on the rise with over 75% of respondents stating they would like their service provider to invest more in their mobile TV services...."
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Stats Stats Stats! More Than Half of UK Consumers Have Watched TV or Movies on Mobile Devices
Posted by siobhan at 4:01 AM