VENUE MOVED TO BRANGWYN HALL, SWANSEA!
Crossover Labs and Sheffield Doc/Fest invite creative businesses and freelancers working in digital media across West Wales and the Valleys to apply for a 2-day bespoke conference and unique mentoring opportunity.
We are inviting applications from creative professionals from diverse disciplines, including film and TV production, animation, games, theatre, web design and new media, willing to share an understanding of a rapidly-changing mediascape.
Convergence Catalyst will train digital media professionals in creating long term sustainable careers in the Creative Media Industries, able to create their own opportunities and engage directly with consumers, rather than waiting for traditional commissions, and so reaping longer-term and larger profits
The conference will include seminars and discussions led by internationally-respected experts on:
- Commissioning and Producing for Convergence
- The Future of Distribution
- What does convergence mean for the Welsh creative industries?
- Cross-media idea development
- New media business models
- Transmedia Storytelling.
- Working with Higher Education
- How to Plan a Cross-Platform Production
- Making the most of what is around you: Games and the ARG
- Exporting Creativity
- Your fans, family and friends are your funders
The conference will also include networking time with experts and alumni from Crossover Labs and Doc/Fest’s MeetMarket.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
I'm Looking forward to Sheffield Doc/Fest: Convergence Catalyst! Who will be going??
Posted by siobhan at 3:42 AM