By Mark Jackson, January 29, 2012
For those of us who have been in search engine optimization (SEO) for a number of years, we can recall the days when SEO efforts were measured by a ranking report, alone. That is to say, you might pick your top 50 keywords, dump these into a rank checker, run a report monthly, and determine whether these 50 keywords moved up successfully or fell in the search rankings.
We evolved. We:
- Incorporated reports on link building efforts.
- Started to incorporate increases in natural/organic search traffic from our web analytics reports.
- Started breaking out branded versus non-branded keyword traffic.
- Started looking at conversion rates (what percentage of our organic search visitors were completing lead forms and/or buying products from our site).
- Incorporated call-tracking and looked at conversion path, to include multi-channel conversion tracking.
read the full post here: