via Total Immersion's Augmented Reality Blog:
Posted on October 20, 2011 by Total Immersion
"Total Immersion, the global leader and pioneer in augmented reality (AR), today released a new version of D’Fusion® Studio, an evolution in AR technology. Free to download, D’Fusion Studio 3.2 empowers developers of all stripes to create a new breed of rich cross-platform games and applications that leverage Total Immersion’s groundbreaking AR technology.
Drawing on eleven years of market leadership, industry knowledge and expertise, D’Fusion Studio outperforms other AR solutions in three categories: the speed at which targets are recognized, the ability to track markerless targets as they move through an environment and stability, or lack of jitter, in the tracked image and associated 3D elements. D’Fusion Studio offers the most advanced feature set on the market-free of charge:
- Multiplatform: Developers can create games and applications for a variety of platforms including iOS and Android™, Web, Microsoft® Kinect™ and kiosk.
- Sophisticated: Superior markerless tracking—including face-tracking—quickly recognizes images as targets as they move through the scene and even rotate.
- Efficient: D’Fusion Studio draws from a single authoring environment and a single set of assets (images, 3D models, scripts) to maximize efficiency.
- Comprehensive: D’Fusion Studio boasts the unique ability to recognize an image from a target data store of up to 1,000 images (competitive solutions do not exceed a target data store of 30) – while maintaining the same recognition time, requiring only a slight increase in resource utilization (CPU, RAM).
- Immersive: D’Fusion Studio’s AR technology successfully blurs the lines between the real world and the rich digital universe of 3D allowing end users to deeply engage in the real-time experience without distraction caused by the technology..."